BEST BITES PITTSBURGH
GET A TASTE OF THE CITY WITH BEST BITES PITTSBURGH!
Downtown Pittsburgh Restaurant Tasting Tour
Best Bites Pittsburgh is your chance to sample Downtown Pittsburgh's best restaurants in one delicious afternoon. Enjoy tastings from top chefs at 15 restaurants in town, with specialty cocktails, craft beer and drink pairings along a self-guided walking tour of the city.
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 23, 2021
1 pm - 4 pm |
We have an amazing lineup of restaurants including six newcomers to Downtown: Scarpino, The Standard Market, Sly Fox, The Eagle, The Rebel Room and The Speckled Egg. So much new food to try and a great way to experience the Pittsburgh restaurant scene! Whether you're a local foodie or an out-of-town visitor, make a day of it with friends and explore the best the city has to offer.
GRAND TASTING TICKET: $60
Includes all Best Bites food and drink tastings on the restaurant tour.
Buy tickets today before they sell out!
- Enjoy a day of tastings at 15 Downtown Pittsburgh restaurants featuring a curated list of premier destinations with top chefs creating their Best Bite.
- The tasting experience also includes cocktails, craft beer and specialty drink samplings at multiple locations along the tour.
- This self-guided, socially distanced, walking tour will be held from 1 pm - 4 pm.
- Grand Tasting Ticket: $60. Includes all Best Bites restaurant tastings and drink stops on the tour.
- Only 300 tickets will be sold. Purchase tickets at Eventbrite. No same-day tickets will be available for sale.
- Purchase tickets by Tuesday, October 12 to receive the ticket packet by mail.
- Packets include an official ticket lanyard to wear on the tour, program/restaurant map with drink ticket, starting point assignments and tasting instructions.
- Please note different starting point assignments: Guests will be assigned to 15 different starting points like a golf scramble. Assigned starting points can be found on the instruction letter in your packet.
- Please report to your assigned starting point at 1 pm to begin your tour. Groups of 20 people will be assigned to each restaurant starting point to spread out the crowd and help avoid backups.
- Make any special requests about starting with other guests or groups on the Eventbrite order form before placing your order.
- Wear your lanyard at all times during the Grand Tasting Tour. This serves as your ticket to the event.
- Lanyards are required at each tasting stop. Present your lanyard to the restaurant staff when you arrive at each stop to receive your tasting.
- Restaurants on the tour will be numbered and marked with sidewalk signage and balloons.
- Follow the tasting tour map. It also includes a drink ticket which must be turned in to receive a full-size drink at the designated stop.
- Please maintain any social distancing protocol at each restaurant.
- Award local culinary talent by voting for your favorites! Guests are asked to vote for Best Bite, Best Drink and Best Tasting Experience along the tour with Peoples Choice Awards ballots.
Click here for a list of all Best Bites restaurants and drink stops.
In addition to Bites, guests receive cocktails, craft beer and specialty drinks at multiple locations along the tasting tour.
OFFICIAL TICKET LANYARDS
Official ticket lanyards will be mailed
in a packet that includes the program/restaurant map, starting point assignments and tasting instructions.
See starting point assignment information
EVENT MAP AND PARKING
THIS YEAR'S FEATURED RESTAURANTS
Best Bites Pittsburgh features tastings at 15 locations throughout Downtown Pittsburgh, from appetizers to main courses, craft cocktails to craft beer, signature dishes to sweet treats. Indulge in our Grand Tasting Tour featuring some of the best restaurants in the city. Click on each restaurant logo for their website and show your support for these businesses all year long.
BEST BITES PITTSBURGH RESTAURANTS
Click on the Event Map for restaurant locations, drink stops, and parking options.
Alihan's Mediterranean Cuisine
Allegheny HYP Club
VOTE FOR YOUR FAVORITES
Emporio: A Meatball Joint
After a day of tasting, vote for Best Bite,
Best Drink and Best Tasting Experience.
Fogo de Chão
Best Bites staff will be stationed at
an Information Kiosk in the lobby of
The Industrialist to assist you on event day.
405 Wood Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15222
The Milkshake Factory
Millie's Homemade Ice Cream
Morton's The Steakhouse
The Rebel Room at The Industrialist
Considering an overnight or weekend stay?
The Industrialist Hotel is offering a discounted rate of $249 for Best Bites guests. Located at the corner of Fourth and Wood Street in the historic Arrott Building, The Industrialist offers an elevated hotel experience
in the heart of Downtown Pittsburgh.
To Book: Call (412) 430-4444
Sly Fox Taphouse at the Point
The Speckled Egg
The Standard Market & Pint House
Whether you want to know where to go, what to do,
or what’s new – Made in PGH is made for you.
Check us out at madeinpgh.com
Hungry for more? Best Bites is a series of restaurant events that discover the flavor of Pittsburgh, one
savory neighborhood at a time. Look for more Best Bites events in 2022.